I hereby professed my love for doilies and crafts (Winston Edit: And me!), hence it will be displayed profoundly in our wedding. The first item to support that statement is my exquisite doilies envelope, inspired by Martha Stewart’s Wedding.
A little update, I am in the midst of expanding my previous company, Diary & Design Wedding into a specialized design & decor for wedding & event, Rosette Designs, while my partner will be focusing more in wedding planning under Wedding Diary. So look for us if you are looking for wedding design & decor!
It was supposed to be an envelope liner, but I converted it into an actual envelope. Because of the casual nature of my outdoor Holy Matrimony, I want to evoke that first impression through the invitation. As many wedding gurus say, invitation is the first indicator of your whole wedding theme. It sets the mood right from the beginning. My girlfriends and I recently set up an event/wedding invitation business.So I am very excited about designing my own wedding invitation! I’ll start from crafting the envelope.
- 9 inch square doilies
- Vellum/tracing paper
- Craft Adhesive Spray
- Art Card
- Cutter/double-sided tape/cutting mat/ ruler
1. Create a template for the tracing paper/vellum. I used my old drawing block as the template. After a few attempts to get the right template, I am satisfied with my crisp looking template!
2. Trace the template into the tracing paper and use cutter to cut it. But for the folded side in the middle, use the blunt edge of the cutter to give a folding mark.
3. Spray the tracing paper with the Adhesive Spray. Don’t forget to put newspaper to cover the surrounding area. Leave it for 15 secs. Carefully stick it to the doilies, make sure it fits perfectly.
4. Fold the doilies to follow the tracing paper’s structure. Secure the inside of the envelope with double-sided tape. Voila! Beautifully hand-crafted envelope.
Yup! I am going to make a hundred pieces of this. Ambitious as it may sound, I still have 6 months in the making and my wonderful artist/designer friends to my aid. So, to all our beloved guests, this is just for you!
My own wedding Invitation, dream come true : Lace envelope and letterpress invitation.